Monday, June 13, 2011

My Father's Face - 10/7/09

My Father's Face


When I was small I remember my father coming into my room and standing over me. It was almost like a waking dream. I wasn't scared cause my daddy was the biggest strongest man on the planet. I was safe. As an young adult I have remembered that dream and wondered why he did stand in my room looking at me...It wasn't until 911, that I walked into my lil toddler niece's room and looked at her in her baby bed sleeping soundly….Then I understood.

We stand because we have to…

We stand because there is something to protect, and something that can be lost. We stand through our own fear and even when we really wish we could sit down…

Now as an even older adult, In this time of great turmoil in my life, I long for the waking dream so that i can see my father standing there again, in all his strength and glory, for me

No comments:

Post a Comment