Monday, June 13, 2011

A Gender Moment - 3/1/11

A Gender Moment


This morning, I worked out and then went to my new building to take a shower. When I got in there I realized it was like a woman's locker room at the gym, with the shower stalls and the open space to change clothes. I panicked. What if a woman came in while I was getting dressed and saw me putting on my fruit of a loom tighty whities?? My heart started racing and I considered not taking a shower…only I was really sweaty. After taking a few deep breathes, I reasoned that if someone walked in, it might be uncomfortable for a minute but we'd all get over it. I mean, what's going to happen? She gonna revoke my woman card? Go tell my mama I'm wearing the wrong underwear? I'm grown..it's ok…So armed with this self talk I took the shower and got started with my day…



But here again is the nature of the gender fear that I think some butches face…I love women and they terrify me…even though I see myself as a women( a different type, but a woman none the less)

1 comment:

  1. And yes, indeed you are! I led a ritual about a month ago, and in my moment of ecstasy and wildness, I stripped to my jockey shorts(tighties,but usually blue, black or burgundy!).

    It was an all woman ritual and at first I was a little embarassed, and then I just flowed on from there, they all know I'm Butch anyway, and over 1/2 are Dykes!

    Yeah, sometimes it's hard, especially in these more revealing intimate moments. I know we had them when my partner and I went swimming in the gym....dressing and undressing, and showering and redressing, two Butch Dykes in a sea of straight women of all ethnicities....and dykes of size as well.

    Yes indeed you ARE a womon, like me, of another stripe! Thanks for sharing!
    -In DykeAmazon Sisterhood,
    -MasterAmazon

    ReplyDelete